In the next few weeks I will slowly be reviewing different high end foundations. I have to say its one product that has a love/hate attached to it. On one hand it’s amazing when you find the right one for your skin that meets all of your expectations…on the other hand trying to find it, sample it, experiment with it is time consuming, tedious and sometimes frustrating.
Most companies make their foundations sound like they will transform your life and of course your skin once your discover them. I consider myself a foundation snob and I am always on the quest to find an “amazing” foundation that will take years off, make me look flushed/healthy and leave a smooth canvas to that will allow the rest of my makeup to fall into place easily.
My first foundation that I am anxious to review and share with all of you is Cle de peau Beaute Refining Fluid Foundation SPF 24. What makes this foundation so special? This is how the company describes it:
A liquid treatment foundation for any skin type provides medium coverage with a flawless, radiant finish as if the quality of the skin has improved.
- Advanced Hydro-Sensing Polymer technology adjusts to surrounding humidity levels to provide dewy moisture, a feeling of resilience and a sumptuous experience.
- Instantly, easily melts into skin upon application with a hydrating texture like a beauty serum.
- Retains a beautiful luminous finish, filled with dewy luster.
- Achieves vibrant, translucent skin by minimizing the look of sagging and dullness.
- Hydro-Sensing Polymer forms a moisture veil to counteract dryness and increase moisture retention.
- Treatment Lucent Powder provides a satin sheen while covering dullness, spots and other skin concerns.
- Spectrum Control Powder provides a natural looking vibrant complexion under any kind of light source.
- Recommended by the Skin Cancer Foundation as an effective sunscreen against UV rays.
- Contains SPF 24.
I first got a sample of this when it was first launched years ago in Japan where I was living at the time. The sales woman gave me generous samples to try and I loved it!!! It glided so beautifully on the skin without sitting on the pores, caking up or looking unnatural. Its almost like my skin was given water and it looked hydrated and glowy if you will. I also noticed how many women were purchasing this and at $110 US you would think this is a big decision to splurge like this. Japanese women know a good product when they see it and they knew this was something special. Not only does it work for me but I find my clients love it as well especially if they don’t normally wear much makeup or foundation in general. Here are my thoughts on this…
Pros: Glides on beautifully
Blends into skin effortlessly
Does not sit on pores
Cons: Expensive(little goes a long way)
Limited color selection for darker skins
I swatched the foundation on my hand and then blended it to show how well it sinks into the skin:
Verdict…If you are willing to splurge on a foundation then this one is worth exploring. Again never
hesitate to ask for samples. Another suggestion…if you have a small empty container take it with you in case they say they are “out of sample.” Cle de peau is sold at www.saks.com, www.bergdorfgoodman.com and neimanmarcus.com.
Feedback is encouraged and welcomed.