Hello ladies. 2013 has been a great year for Beautygypsy with increasing followers and amazing support. I am constantly being challenged and inspired to improve and grow daily, and that is something I happily embrace and enjoy. Looking for and finding the latest and the hottest products still brings me joy as well as rediscovering “tried and true” that I find necessary to share with all my readers. My “Best of 2013” List has taken me longer then I anticipated but a lot of thought and hard work went into it. I find that this is my most important post of the year because it is a very raw and honest opinion about the products I have reviewed and some I have not but was really impressed and felt the need to include in my list. I also feel that many magazines that compose their “best products” list is slowly becoming less about what really works and more about “plugging in” products and companies, and that only motivates me to stay true and honest to my readers and to give all of you a fair and comprehensive review of my carefully chosen products. You can always count on Beautygypsy to give you the most accurate and straight forward advice and opinions. Thank you again for being supportive and encouraging, if it wasn’t for all of you lovely ladies I wouldn’t have a reason to have a blog. Happy New Year to all of you and comments are always encouraged and welcomed:) Now let us get started:
(1) Tom Ford Beauty Nail Lacquer ($32): I have always been a huge fan of Chanel polishes but Tom Ford has convinced me other wise. I call this line the “Hermes of nail colors” have gorgeous classic colors that really know how to stick around. When I took my bottle of “Bitter Bitch” (a great vampy color), nail technicians usually tell me “what a great color and formula who makes this? A winner for Beautygypsy.
(2) BY TERRY Ombre Blackstar Melting Eyeshadow ($43) ( Review HERE): This eyeliner and eyeshadow hybrid makes it ideal for base color, lining, smudging and the list goes on…fabulous colors to boot! What is there not to like?
(3) Chanel Les 4 Ombres Quad in Raffinement from the Spring 2013 Collection ($59). (Review HERE) This eye shadow palette won my heart and eyes at first glance. Gorgeous mauve, taupes and plum makes this ideal on most eye colors. I haven’t stopped using it since…time for a repurchase!
(4) YSL Rouge Volupte Shine ($34) (Review HERE): This vitamin enriched balm conditions your lips while leaving a beautiful finish of color.. a year round must have. I own all of the Sheer Candy Lipshines!
(5)Sarah Chapman Overnight Facial (Review HERE): This is one of those “if I was stranded on a desert island what three products would I take with me.” I use this morning and evening and always have a back up since Space NK can’t keep it in stock..there is a reason for that ladies, it is that good and I always have the glow without looking greasy.
(6) Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush in Accent($43) (Review HERE). This gorgeous mauve/beige shimmery blush from the Winter 2013 Collection left women all over the world “blushing” for more of this color. It has the perfect balance of nude/pink/mauve and shimmer which has made this a year round choice for me.
(7) Velecta Paramont Hairdryer: I call this the “Rolls Royce” of hair dryers. It looks and weighs like a travel dryer but has the power of a full size dryer. Dries the hair in half the time without all the noise and fuss..a must have for all my hair obsessed readers. I bought mine on Amazon here.
(8) Armani Maestro Fusion Compact Foundation($64) (Review HERE). This is the sequel to the successful Armani Maestro liquid but in a cream compact. It conceals, camouflages and evens out the skin without looking heavy and made up. This has been so perfect for the colder/drier weather and my skin loves it.
(9) Troy Suratt Eye Baton in Fumee Brun ($35) (Review HERE). Celebrity makeup artist Troy Suratt has come up with a solution to help women all over the world create a sultry smokey eye by using only one product: Eye Baton. Innovation and quality is what he preaches and has clearly created. A must have for every smokey eye obsessed women!
(10) Edward Bess Total Correction Under Eye Concealer ($38) (Review HERE). The peach toned pigments in this product makes it easy to erase dark circles and brighten up the area under the eye with little effort and a lot of result!
(11) Best colorist in NYC Corinne Adams: (Review HERE) Corinne is a color genius that can transform you and give you rich chocolate brown hair like Catherine Zeta Jones to Jennifer Lopez golden/honey highlights in under two hours and have you leaving with undamaged glossy hair..not an easy task but she is capable and confident. Book soon because she is slowly becoming “booked” and you know where it goes from there. Call John Frieda at (212) 675-0001.
(12)Dolce and Gabanna The Lipgloss ($29): I am not sure what took me so long to discover these but I am seriously obsessed and impressed with the formula, texture and color choices. You don’t read much about them but trust me they are really good! I especially love “seduction” the perfect “baby lips’ for my olive skin and pigmented lips.
(13) Oribe Styling Products: Oribe is not only famous for making women look glamorous and super model material but his products promise to get you as close to that as possible outside of the salon. I absolutely love his Oribe Gold Lust Nourishing Hair Oil($48) (Review HERE) and Oribe Shine Spray ($38), innovative and frankly quite brilliant.
Makeup Line to Keep you Eye on? Troy Suratt Makeup Line has already converted many makeup junkies like myself to loving his line and this is only the beginning. I am seriously excited and anxiously waiting for his tinted moisturizers and brushes that will be made in Japan. This celebrity makeup artist knows the difference between good makeup and amazing makeup and doesnt cut corners with quality…now this is my kind of guy. Available at Barneys NY.
Makeup Line that impressed me the most for 2013? Hands down Chanel! This is one line that always has me gasping for more and stalking their counters to find anything new or overlooked. Their collections have been consistently tasteful with their selection of colors and themes. If you don’t like the shadows then you will most definitely like something in their collections, I know I have. Looking forward to seeing what Chanel brings us for 2014. Keep up the good work Chanel.
Skincare that has caught my attention? 3LAB skincare is a high tech, cutting edge line that really drew me in with their WW line, especially their eye cream, a close competitor to my beloved holy grail La Prarie caviar eye cream, which is not an easy task. Definitely look into it, get samples and see what you think because Beautygypsy really likes what she sees!